The insurance world can be tricky to navigate, especially when you kickstart a new eCommerce business in Northern Arizona. With so many different providers, policies, and rules for each state, it’s understandable that new business owners may have many unanswered questions ranging from ‘Do online businesses need insurance?’ to ‘What insurance options are available for online businesses?’.
Despite being intimidating at times, insurance is an essential aspect of business for all Northern Arizona organizations since it can be the only thing that saves an unforeseen situation from causing company ruin.
Before you speak to a professional, it is essential that you have a basic understanding of what is available to e-commerce businesses and how specific policies can help your business as it develops. Below we answer several questions about insurance options for e-commerce businesses in Northern Arizona – keep reading to find out more.
Do Online Businesses Need Insurance?
The most pivotal question you might wonder is, ‘Do online businesses need insurance?‘. In short, insurance is critical to protect your e-commerce business in Northern Arizona, as it will protect you and your assets from a wide array of exposures.
If you intend to sell products online, whether in the space of your own home or office space, you need online insurance as an extra precaution in case anything goes wrong. Even if your e-commerce business is home-based, your home insurance policy may not cover you against everything.
To get more accurate advice, speak to leading professionals in the insurance industry like The Hartford. As well as providing businesses with a range of protective policies from workers’ compensation insurance to commercial general liability insurance, their blog can help you answer various questions. Visit their website or contact them directly to learn more today.
Why Do Online Businesses Need Insurance?
Online businesses need insurance for a variety of reasons; some of the most pivotal ones are as follows:
- Protects consumers and employees if they are injured by one of your products.
- Protects against cyberattacks and data breaches.
- Protects against supply-chain issues.
- Protects your business against broken or stolen inventory.
- Protects against breach of contract lawsuits filed by customers or vendors.
What Types Of Insurance Does An Online Business Need?
Enlisting the help of a professional can help you identify which areas of your business could potentially be exposed to risks and advise you on which policies to invest in to prevent them. Most online e-commerce businesses in Northern Arizona invest in the following types of business insurance:
- General Liability Insurance – Claims that involve personal injury, damage, or copyright infringement.
- Business Property Insurance – Claims relating to stolen, damaged, or destroyed inventory or business assets.
- Workers’ Compensation Insurance – Covers employees for wages or medical benefits if they suffer a personal injury, illness, or damage while at work.
- Transit Insurance – Covers products or equipment stored in a separate facility or transit.
- Cybersecurity Insurance – Covers the business against data breaches, cyber-attacks, and the loss of sensitive information.
- Product Liability Insurance – Claims involving any faulty products you sell.
- Business Interruption Insurance – Covers lost income if the business ever has to close due to a natural disaster.
It’s important that you understand the different types of insurance, and have an understanding of what they can offer your business. The more knowledgeable you are on the policies and what they cover, then the better you will be placed to make informed decisions for your North Arizona-based business.