Most of the time health issues related to obesity are addressed. This does not mean that a thin body is a sign of good health. To be healthy, your weight should be according to your height, which is called Body mass index (BMI). You can check your BMI with the help of a BMI Calculator. BMI ranging from 14.5 to 26.4 is considered healthy. If your BMI is less than 18.5, then your weight is less according to your height and you must use yoga to increase the weight mentioned here.
Yoga is very famous for being healthy in Ayurveda. Experts recommend doing different yoga and asanas for different body conditions and diseases. Yoga is very beneficial for the overall health and fitness of the body. You must have seen many times that people mainly do yoga to reduce body fat and lose weight, but the benefits of yoga are not limited to just there. Do you know that you can also increase your weight with the help of yoga? Today we will talk about such 5 yogasanas that can help you in gaining weight.
How is yoga effective for weight gain?
Doing yoga relieves many problems such as unbalanced metabolism, stress, anxiety, and digestive problems. Along with these, it also helps in making the weight worthy. By doing yoga, circulation of blood flow and oxygen increases in the body, with the help of which all the cells and organs get nourishment and also increase the exploitation of nutrients in them. This makes your muscles strong and makes your body strong and flexible. Doing yoga also increases your internal force.
It is necessary to say here that yoga mainly works on correcting your metabolism. Therefore, the asana mentioned here not only increases weight but is equally effective in reducing weight. It works for both. Apart from this, you should do this asana with a proper diet plan full of nutrients.
Yoga for Weight Gain
To increase weight, you have to do the yoga shown here every morning. If any yoga and exercise are done in the morning, maximum results are achieved and stamina remains in the body throughout the day. The yoga mentioned here is to be done on an empty stomach, otherwise, situations like vomiting may occur. Choose a very quiet and clean place to do yoga so that your focus is focused only on yoga. You can use these 5 yoga routine to increase weight:
Bhujangasana, also known as Cobra Pose Yoga in English, is an asana performed by lying down on the abdomen. This is usually done while performing Surya Namaskar. This asana works on both the front and back of our digestive system and increases appetite, balances metabolism, and also helps in removing blockages in the digestive system. By doing this, the blood flow increases and the absorption of nutrients also increases, which helps in weight gain and all the development of the body.
Steps of doing Bhujangasana
- First of all, you lie down on the floor on your stomach and face upside down.
- Spread your legs slightly away from each other so that they do not cause much stress while doing yoga.
- Bringing your hands under your shoulders, lift the chest upwards on your own strength and look towards the front.
- While doing this, you have to press your feet towards the ground.
- Now stay in the same position, breathe deeply, and leave out loud.
The word Veerabhadrasana is made up of two words – Veerabhadra which means warrior and posture mean posture. You have to make a warrior-like posture in this posture, that’s why in this English the Warrior Pose Yoga is also called. By doing this asana, the muscles gain weight and they get flexibility. A lot of calories are spent in this asana, which causes hunger.
Steps of doing Virabhadrasana
- First of all, stand your feet 3–4 feet away from each other.
- Turn your right leg 90 degrees outside and rotate your left foot 15 degrees inward.
- Make sure that the heel of the right foot is in a line with the left foot.
- Now raise both your hands to the height of your shoulders and spread both sides keeping the palms up and up.
- Breathing out, bend your right knee slowly. (Bend until waist and right knee come in a straight line)
- Now move your neck slowly to the right and bend.
- Now in this situation, pull your hands out to the spring.
- Now press your waist down slightly and keep breathing.
- Taking the breath in, come back upwards and while breathing in, bring the hands down.
- Now do the same steps in the opposite direction. (Turn the left leg 90 degrees towards the outside and the right leg 15 degrees in and bend)
The word Sarvangasana is made up of two words – Sarvangana means all limbs and asana means posture. It is called Shoulder Stand Yoga in English.
This asana is done by reversing the body, due to which the flow of blood and oxygen in the inaccessible parts of the body also increases and gets nutrition. Performing Sarvangasana brings new energy to the body.
Steps of doing Sarvangasana
- First of all, fall asleep in Shavasana and with the help of your hands, raise your legs slowly while supporting your waist.
- Putting your weight on your shoulders, lift the upper part of the body also.
- Keeping his brain and shoulders on the ground, stayed in this situation for a while.
Pawanmuktasana means the release of wind and it is also called Wind Relieving Pose Yoga in English. This yoga stimulates the digestive system and increases the exploitation of nutrients. By doing this yoga, even the essential gases in the digestive system are removed and the air is extinguished. You can know more yoga asana posture by joining 300 hour yoga teacher training in Rishikesh.
Steps of doing Pawanmuktasan
- First of all, keep your legs straight and lie down on the ground.
- Fold your knees above the chest and hold them with the help of your hands.
- Now raise your head slightly and try to bring your nose between your knees.
- Now while exhaling in this posture, with the help of your hands, press the feet towards the stomach and loosen while breathing.
- You can do this for 5–10 minutes.
Matsya means fish because, in this posture, a fish-like pose is to be made, this posture is also called in English as Fish Pose Yoga. This yoga is essential to gain weight. This yoga affects the digestive system as well as the thyroid gland. Overactive thyroid also reduces body weight. This asana helps in controlling the thyroid gland.
Steps of doing Matsyasana
- Keeping your feet together, keep your hands in the side, and lie on your back.
- Put your hands under your buttock, keeping the ground towards the ground, and slowly bring your elbows closer to each other.
- Now fold both legs and keep them on top of each other and take care that both thigh and touch the ground.
- Breathe in and lift your chest up and see that your head will also rise. Keep the upper part of your head on the ground.
- Pay attention that your entire weight is on the elbow and not on the brain. Now as your chest rises upward, give a little pressure on your shoulders.
- As long as you feel comfortable, remain in the same condition, and keep breathing normally.
- While leaving this posture, first lift your brain and bring your chest down and straighten your legs. Know more in details about yoga asana with Yoga School in Rishikesh.